GoSite is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to help optimize our architecture and processes to accelerate delivery and innovation. Our ideal candidate will be a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
As a Senior Data Engineer you will:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 6+ years of industry experience
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Data Engineer should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Shell etc.
What we bring to the table:
- Hybrid work environment- the opportunity to work fully remote or from our offices in San Diego or San Ramon
- Company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company stock options
- Generous personal time off | vacation + sick time
- Paid birthday + paid holidays + paid volunteer hours
- Paid parental leave
- Work from home office setup reimbursement
- 401K with company match up to 4%
- Company-paid ClassPass membership
- Company-sponsored meals and virtual events
- Opportunities to participate in DEI + Philanthropic initiatives and events
- An inclusive, exciting start-up culture that offers accelerated career & personal growth
GoSite creates simplified technology for small businesses that drive America’s economy. Our software empowers them to have everything they need in one place to connect with their customers in the digital era.
Locations: San Diego (HQ), Remote
Our Mission: to level the playing field for local, community-centric businesses everywhere!
Awards and Recognition: 2021 Comparably Awards: Best Work-Life Balance, Best CEO’s for Women, Best Sales Team.
Funding: Closed a $40 million Series B fundraising round in December 2020 led by New York-based Left Lane Capital.
If you are passionate about supporting small businesses and have an entrepreneurial mindset but your experience doesn't check all these boxes we would still love to hear from you. Apply today!
GoSite is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at GoSite are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.