Tech Lead - Data
Role Title: Tech Lead - Data Engineering
Reports to: Head of Engineering
Location: Hybrid working environment (Remote and Paddington, London)
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time
How do we say our name, well it sounds like 'view'. It's also a lot shorter than saying 'Viewed Impressions for Out Of Home'.
VIOOH is a fast-growing startup that is defining the future of out-of-home advertising.
We are a dynamic team building a global platform which automates the buying and selling of outdoor advertising, enables programmatic trading and delivers dynamic, data-driven content to screens in locations and moments to better resonate with and influence consumers.
We’ve recently redesigned our people strategy to create a future-proof, hybrid and flexible workplace approach. Employees can work in the office (Paddington, London) and from home, empowering all VIOOHers to thrive regardless of location and ensuring we can attract diverse talent to support our global expansion.
We are looking for an experienced Tech Lead to join our growing Data engineering team.
Data is at the core of our company and this is an opportunity for you to shape and build our data platforms. Reporting into the Head of Engineering, you will work closely with our Chief Architect and our teams across Data Science and Product.
The primary focus will be on developing and implementing optimal solutions for all data products and services, then maintaining and monitoring them. You will provide guidance and leadership for the data engineering team.
What you'll be working on
● Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested
● Implementing ETL process
● Industrialise Code produced by Data Scientists
● Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes ● Defining and implementing data retention policies
What we want from you
● Strong experience with Big Data tools: Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, Hive
● Experience with one of the following languages: Java, Python and a functional programming language
● Good understanding of modern code development practices and CI/CD pipelines
● Experience with Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes
● Experience Implementing Consumers and Producers for Data Streaming Tools, in particular Kafka, and Amazon Kinesis
● Experience with REST APIs
● Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB
● Experience of dashboarding technologies (Tableau, Looker, Quicksight)
● Experience with Hortonworks HDP, Amazon EMR
● Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
● Experience in building or integrating Monitoring Tools (DataDog, Kibana, LogStash, Grafana, Prometheus)
● Knowledge and experience with Amazon AWS platform (Athena, S3, DynamoDB)
● Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks
● Understand new technologies and stay up to date with latest technologies ● Data oriented person, attentive to details.
● Excellent analysis, testing and troubleshooting skills
● Highly motivated and project orientated
● Ability to facilitate discussions to resolve conflicting processes / content / opinions
● Ability to work under own initiative and prioritise workload efficiently ● Excellent communication both verbal and presentation
Nice to have experience
● Knowledge of the advertising industry and Adtech.
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a positive experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through to your onboarding.
VIOOH is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Hybrid Working Environment, Office Once a Month • Flexible