Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
What You’ll Do
- Shape the technical direction of the data science function for our line of business
- Develop and deploy predictive models and analytical solutions; establish best practices
- Grow into our go-to-expert in pricing, risk, and forecasting
- Research new data sources, vetting for efficacy and applicability
- Architect and build a platform for our algorithmic engines to run at scale
- Work with business and engineering partners to influence product direction and business strategy
What You’ll Need
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Data Science or another quantitative field, or actuarial training (ACAS/FCAS/ASA/SOA) preferred
- 6+ years of hands-on experience utilizing data science (AI/ML) to develop models and deploy solutions to solve complex business problems
- Strong experience in SQL and programming in Python
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A bias towards solving problems from a customer-centric lens and an intuitive sense for how the work aligns closely with business objectives
- Bonus: Experience or interest in pricing and risk models
- Bonus: Experience with big data technologies such as Spark, AWS Athena, Redshift, Looker, Tableau, or others.
- Bonus: Experience with Azure, Airflow, and containerization (Docker)
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.