Spotify is looking for a Data Engineer to join the User Fraud team! Our mission is to ensure the integrity of Spotify’s growth by building groundbreaking technical solutions processing billions of events in real-time. A key component of our results-oriented goals is to detect, mitigate, and prevent unwanted behavior on our platform.
You will join an experienced team of data and machine learning engineers as well as data scientists that owns our fraud detection platform. We use innovative data engineering to build a platform that can operate at a very high scale without compromising speed or accuracy. Working as a Data Engineer in the User Fraud area will challenge your design, quality, and problem-solving skills to build robust and scalable solutions.
What you'll do
- Closely work with product managers and business partners to come up with innovative ideas and solutions to detect fraud at scale.
- Define data models that tie together disparate data across the entire organization.
- Design, implement and maintain ETL pipelines.
- Continuously design, develop and test data driven solutions.
- Gain technical expertise in building a data platform at scale to solve business, product and technical use cases
- Obtain hands-on experience with Google Cloud Platform and technology/languages such as BigQuery, Scala, Scio and Docker
- Work hand-in-hand with data scientists to understand how to best detect fraud
- Gain cross departmental exposure and flexibility to engage with many teams in the company in different countries in the world.
- Communicate insights and recommendations to key collaborators, engineering and product partners
Who you are
- Degree in Computer Science or similar fields.
- 4+ years of professional software engineering and programming experience (Java, C++, Scala)
- 3+ years of architecture and design (patterns, reliability, scalability, quality) of complex systems
- Advanced coding skills and practices (concurrency, distributed systems, functional principles, performance optimization)
- Professional experience working in an agile environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability in SQL
- Experience in operating and maintaining production grade software
- Comfortable with tackling very loosely defined problems and thrive when working on a team which has autonomy in their day to day decisions
- Deep knowledge of software engineering standard methodologies
- Experience in mentoring and leading junior engineers
- Experience in serving as the technical lead for sophisticated software development projects
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets in a cloud based-environment, preferably with an understanding of Google’s Cloud Platform
- Comfortable communicating with stakeholders (customers, product managers, C-level management)
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 365 million users.