Hiring in Canada and the US
At Urbint, our mission is to make communities more resilient. We do this by pairing external data with artificial intelligence to identify areas of high risk and prevent catastrophic loss for utilities and infrastructure operators across the country. We are a team of close-knit engineers, entrepreneurs, and data geeks who obsess over problem-solving, new technologies, and making a positive impact in our communities.
We build software which assists utilities and infrastructure operators work safely and efficiently. These software solutions combine user-friendly interfaces with large amounts of external data and machine learning models to drive the best possible decisions, while maintaining high security and data privacy standards.
Our Data Engineering team is responsible for getting data from the outside world into our system and for making that data accessible to the various teams via a shared data backbone. This data is used by our Machine Learning teams to generate predictions, our Customer teams to derive new insights, and our Application Team to support building workflows that drive our customer’s decision making.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Our Tech Stack
- Airflow, Kafka
- Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, Terraform
What You'll Do
- Work hands-on with your team to build the best possible software
- Provide technical guidance to the team to help build a modern, performant, and easy to maintain data platform
- Coach and manage a small team of cross-functional engineers
- Track and report on OKRs related to software development.
- Partner with engineering and product leaders to deeply understand our systems and users
- Work closely with other software engineering leaders to improve recruiting efforts, onboarding, and other engineering wide initiatives
Who You Are
- People management experience, including hiring, coaching, and performance management
- Hands-on experience designing, building and maintaining batch and streaming data pipelines
- Extensive collaboration skills, enabling you to work closely with product, stakeholders, and other engineers to lead development of the best solutions to the largest problems.
- Enthusiastic about supporting and mentoring engineers to not only help them complete their work, but level up their skills along the way.
- Comfort in the face of ambiguous needs and requirements, and the ability to extract clarity
- Able to effectively communicate ideas and concepts within your team, across teams, and throughout the organization, even with non-technical audiences, in both written and verbal forms.
- Mission Driven - Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities safer and more resilient
- Top Compensation - Competitive compensation package
- We are 100% Distributed - work from anywhere
- Distributed work monthly stipend
- Best in Class Medical Coverage - 100% benefits and premiums paid
- Wellness reimbursement
- Educational Allowance- $1000/yr
- Weekly lunch stipend
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.