Who We Are:
Sendoso is where you go to build something bigger than yourself. We’re a Series C company with $152M in venture capital funding with more than 800+ customers and 20,000 active users, and multiple revenue streams. Our company is on an unprecedented growth trajectory and we’re looking for people who want to do great things.
Sendoso is the leading Sending Platform that delivers modern direct mail, personalized gifts, eGifts, and other Physical Impressions™ at scale. This makes it possible to build stronger, deeper, and more trusted relationships that move everything up and to the right! Our award-winning Sending Platform connects online and offline experiences via cloud software, automation, and real-world logistics—a feat that few companies have achieved.
Our mission statement is to help companies rise above the noise by eradicating spam and elevating relationships. Our goal is to enable businesses everywhere to make more human connections in a digital world.
About the Role:
The Data Science and Engineering team at Sendoso is new and growing rapidly. The team is responsible for Data Science and Analytics initiatives, including product recommendations and search, fraud detection, experimentation, and analytics. We’re looking for a Lead Data Engineer to help improve our data architecture, pipelines, and practices and work with the Data Science, Product, and Engineering leadership to drive the business forward.
We are unable to hire in the following states at this time: NY, CO, HI
What You'll Do:
- Develop and maintain a data architecture that aligns with business needs
- Work with Data Science and Business Intelligence teams to develop data models and pipelines to support reporting and the development of new data products
- Work with our Data Scientists and DevOps teams to streamline our Data Science workflows
- Consistently identify ways to improve our data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- 5+ years of experience (tech and start-up experience preferred)
- Coding and software design skills, particularly in Python and SQL, and experience collaborating within a shared codebase.
- A detail-oriented approach to problem-solving, carefully thinking through the business problem, data, model, and evaluation.
- A demonstrated track record of communicating technical concepts to stakeholders with both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- An ability to multitask, splitting your time between working on your projects, helping team members, and engaging with the business to identify new opportunities.
What We Believe:
- Conquer Giants! We get things done. Moxie is in our DNA, and we’re breaking down the barriers that separate the world.
- One Team! Everyone belongs here, and whether it is your first day or you’re the CEO, your voice and ideas matter to us.
- Relationships Matter! It’s a cluttered, digital world out there, but our connections are real. We’re all humans, so we treat each other and our customers like humans too.
- Reinvent! Forget thinking big. We think meteorically by redefining what’s possible and shaping the future of human connections.
What You'll Love:
- Comprehensive Medical Plans plans - we've got you covered
- Take-What-You-Need Time Off
- Vacation Bonuses 2X/Year
- 401K Plan
- FSA Plan
- Employer-paid membership to One Medical
- Volunteer Time Off
- Birthday Time Off
- Generous parental leave benefits for both birthing and non-birthing parents
- Access to Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Fitness discounts through ClassPass
- End-to-end family planning discounts through KindBody
- Discounted pet insurance through PetPlan
- Free and discounted legal benefits through Rocket Lawyer
- Financial wellness benefits through SoFi
- Team Outings
We're currently working from home due to Covid-19, and the following will apply once we're safely back in the office:
- Catered Lunch & Breakfast
- Dog Friendly Offices
- Collaborative Office Space
- Stocked Kitchen
Sendoso is an Equal Opportunity Employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.