Manager, Data Science Engineering
Build the foundations for understanding Stripe data.
Stripe is the best software platform for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars every year for hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world.
With all this data, the Data Science Foundation team is looking for an experienced manager to help us grow the team to build analytical data models and tools. If you have experience building and scaling data-warehouses, improving instrumentation and data quality, and are interested in developing a highly impactful team, we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for people with a strong background in data engineering to guide the vision for data schemas, tooling, and pipelines at Stripe. The team's work will provide Stripe with visibility into how products are being used and how we can better serve our customers.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience in managing and building data engineering teams
- Experience in building Growth, Marketing or Sales Data Warehouse
- Built APIs, products, and complex data systems at scale
- A computer science, math, or science degree or software engineering experience
You may be a fit if:
- You have experience building software products from kick-off to ship
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of end-users problems
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases
- Grow a team of data engineers to continue to scale our data pipelines and tools, drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources, and improve our data model and instrumentation as the Stripe product evolves
- Build relationships with engineering teams, product managers, and data scientists to generalize data needs and guide the roadmaps of our internal platforms
- Mentor and grow your team across technical architecture, partnership with stakeholders, project management, and a strong internal product sense
- Help identify and build shared libraries and resources for Data Science work such as, forecasting tooling, anomaly detection at scale, and support for different machine learning approaches
Some things you might work on:
- Design and build client libraries and frameworks to log events from our Marketing websites
- Build data foundations - infrastructure, tools and pipelines to enable Marketing and Sales teams at Stripe
- Build Customer Data Platform by collecting, curating, mastering, enriching, and presenting a single view (or a golden record) of our users to business applications and other Stripe product teams
- Develop unified user data schemas and tables that provide a complete view of the business across our various products such as Stripe Connect, Capital, Billing, etc
- Build data pipelines that track our adoption, revenue and attributions
- Work on our centralized experimentation platform to pipeline experiment metrics and compute key statistics
- Our stack spans tools in Spark, Scala, Python, Spark, Java and SQL