**Considering candidates in San Mateo, Santa Barbara, or US-based remote**
We’re looking for a technical contributor who can help drive innovation on how we collect and use real-world data to improve clinical outcomes. Our work lies at the intersection of many diverse fields including machine learning, signal processing, and epidemiology, and in this role you will be driving projects that harness vast amounts of time series data from wearables, sensors, and other mobile data to infer changes in health status and disease progression over time. The ideal candidate will have exposure to writing analytical software and toolkits designed to improve data scientist productivity. We value problem-solving skills and an attitude towards learning. We seek great communication and accountability, people who think people first.
- Work with limited supervision from more senior team members to lead, define strategy, and execute on software development projects supporting the research team
- Contributes to cross-functional discussion, planning and execution medium-high complexity projects
- Mentors and coaches more junior team member with diverse backgrounds to drive learning and engagement
- Communicate findings, roadblocks and timelines cross-functionally to ensure project objectives are supported
- Build re-usable tools and models to predict health-related variables from time-series continuously collected from connected devices and apps
- Maintain the highest level of rigor and apply best practices to create reproducible, generalizable, fair, unbiased, and preferably interpretable models.
- Develop and review code as a major responsibility (typically up to 50-70% of the time)
- PhD in STEM, OR
- Masters in STEM with 2+ years of experience in a related field, OR
- Bachelors in STEM with 4+ years experience in a related field(s)
- Proficient in SQL and experience using Python
- Experience working with dbt and Snowflake
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining data pipelines.
- High level of motivation and willingness to learn new tools and ideas.
- Experience implementing/maintaining automated reporting tools (Tableau)
- 1+ years of experience with DBT
- Proficient in SQL and Python
- Experience working with wearable data
- Experience working in a health data science or related field
Evidation measures health in everyday life and enables anyone to participate in groundbreaking research and health programs. Built upon a foundation of user privacy and control over permissioned health data, Evidation's Achievement platform is trusted by millions of individuals—generating data with unprecedented speed, scale, and rigor. We partner with leading healthcare companies to understand health and disease outside the clinic walls. Guided by our mission to enable and empower everyone to participate in better health outcomes, Evidation is working to bring people individualized, proactive, and accessible healthcare—faster.
- Put individuals first
- Challenge each other and state your good intent
- Go fast while maintaining quality and integrity
- Work to win together
OUR BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary + performance bonus + equity
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with generous company contribution
- Company-provided life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Wellness and wearable device reimbursements, mental health benefits, wellness programs
- Employee advisory committee focused around diversity, equity, inclusion, and belongingness
- Distributed teams and flexible work hours
- Take time when you need it: 13 paid company holidays + flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Mobile phone, home internet, and home office furniture reimbursements
- Apple laptop and your choice of monitor + noise cancelling headphones
- LinkedIn Learning and other professional growth opportunities
EVIDATION HEALTH VALUES DIVERSITY AND IS COMMITTED TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL PERSONS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, CREED, RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN OR ANCESTRY, POLITICAL ACTIVITY OR AFFILIATION, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, MEDICAL CONDITION INCLUDING GENETIC CHARACTERISTICS, MARITAL STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, SEX OR GENDER.