Who we are:
Firebolt is a disruptive force in the cloud data warehouse industry. We have built the fastest, most scalable, and most hardware-efficient cloud data warehouse in the market. By far. We’ve proven incredible market fit, turned the most data-forward companies from amazing design partners into paying customers, raised $37M in our recent round A, and are poised to grow quickly to help companies do with big data what they can’t with Snowflake, Redshift, and the rest.
We’re looking for a talented Data Engineer with a passion for data, SQL, and big data pipelines to join our growing team. You will be in a customer-facing role that requires deep hands-on expertise in leading big data technologies, including working with our own Firebolt Data Warehouse.
- Guide our strategic prospects as they implement pipelines from data engineering through model building and deployment
- Work closely with product managers, solution architects, and engineering teams to understand data needs and help build data products that scale across the company
- Building and scaling a reliable data warehouse using architectural best practices for internal and external application data sets
- Use your experience with various IT concepts of data management/engineering (ELT, data modeling, data warehousing, etc.)
- Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience developing data pipelines on modern, cloud-based products.
- Experience in custom ELT design, implementation, and maintenance
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools: Airflow/dbt/Fivetran, etc
- Python knowledge
- Familiarity with at least one of the following: Bash/Java/Scala/C#
- 3+ years experience in the data warehouse space
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in using sophisticated SQL queries and writing/optimizing highly efficient SQL queries
- Communication skills, including the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights