Become a digital, global citizen and enable the new generation of digital entrepreneurs around the world. AppDirect offers a subscription commerce platform to sell any product, through any channel, on any device - as a service. We power millions of subscriptions worldwide for organizations. We do this by our values-driven culture - one that enables you to Be Seen, Be Yourself, and Do Your Best Work.
As a Data Engineering Team lead, you’re a highly technical, hands-on and experienced developer with the ability to manage and lead a small team. You will play a pivotal role in designing, architecting and overseeing the development of critical services while coaching and mentoring a group of developers. You are responsible for driving the vision and roadmap of the team while collaborating with other parts of the organization and cross-functioning teams.
What You’ll Do and How You’ll Make an Impact
- Lead, support and mentor a team made up of Data Engineers. You will own performance management for your team (i.e. objectives setting, performance reviews and career development) as well as recruitment and overall team management.
- Technically coach engineers by reviewing technical designs and code as well as through technical talks .
- Partner with the Product Manager, Designer, and other Engineering Managers and Tech Leads to collaborate and build awesome reporting experience.
- Lead efforts enabling the team and our Cloud Data Pipelines to scale
- Coach members of the team about industry-leading tools and techniques
- Modernize our Cloud Data Pipeline strategy to enable the business, engineers and customers
- Collaborate with our reporting team to build insightful dashboards
- Work with Engineering and Architecture teams to develop new organizational standards
- Migrate current batch ETL to new streaming data pipelines
- Improve efficiency by enabling internal stakeholders with self-served data solutions
- Research solutions to complex problems and drive proof-of-concepts
- Author and maintain knowledge base through high-quality documentation
- Deliver quality solutions/process through CICD and automation
What You’ll Need
- You are a technical leader with a real passion for development and with a strong product sense.
- Experience with developing in modern programming language (e.g., Scala, Java, SQL, Python.
- Exposure to some of the following technologies: Apache Spark & Flink, AWS & Azure, Docker & Kubernetes, CDC
- Understanding of Data Schemas (e.g. SQL, JSON, Avro, Protobuf)
- Experience automating, producing and consuming data in real time from event driven microservices using streaming platforms like Kafka
- Proven experience building data pipelines and data solutions aligned to Business Architecture, operational and analytics use cases.
- Good knowledge and understanding of data structures and experience handling large data sets
- Comfortable in code reviewing other engineers' code and driving/reviewing technical designs..
- Ability to self-manage, think critically, handle multiple tasks and/or projects and deliver solutions autonomously
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas to a technical and non-technical audience
At AppDirect/AppSmart, we believe that innovation thrives in an environment that houses diversity of excellence, experience and thought. We respect each AppDirector as their own fingerprint; unique with no one alike. We foster an environment of inclusion without regard to race, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity enabling AppDirectors to embrace their uniqueness to do their best work. As such, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.