Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
As a Principal Big Data Engineer, I’m a key contributor to the architecture and implementation of App Annie’s data engine. As the lead data engineer for the App Annie Labs team, I’m responsible for designing large-scale data ingestion, processing, storage, analytics, and orchestration flows. I work closely with Product Managers, Full Stack Engineers, Data Scientists, and fellow Big Data Engineers to conceive and build large-scale data storage and integration solutions for new products. I’m passionate about what I do and excited to do it in the context of an entrepreneurial start-up with a phenomenal team.
You will be responsible for and take pride in….
- Being an integral part of the Labs team developing new products as the lead engineer Principal Big Data Engineer
- Ability to work with large, complex data sets that meet function and non-functional business requirements
- Working as engineer in building data systems required for internet scale extraction, transformation, storage, analytics, and orchestration of data products.
- Ability to design and optimize queries, scripts and data tools.
- The ability to communicate well with teams and customers.
- Designing, building, and supporting large scale systems that support App Annie’s new product research and development
You should recognize yourself in the following...
- You can demonstrate expert knowledge of data structures and algorithms, and can choose the right solution that you will implement for the job. You make decisions quickly based on your expertise
- You can quickly evaluate and recommend commercial data solutions or develop the solution yourself, if necessary
- Proficient in data modeling and data warehouse design. Snowflake and Databricks experience is a plus
- Experienced in data processing such as ETL.
- You are a strong tech lead with proven experience in distributed systems, and big data analysis
- Flexible mindset and the ability to prototype and change direction rapidly as research evolves
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar field
- At least 6 years in software development, with multiple examples of delivering innovative product ideas.
- You are a data language polyglot. You have proficient programming experience in SQL and Python, and can quickly pick up domain-specific languages for the project.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- An excellent communicator with a knack for concisely explaining problems and solutions to multiple stakeholders, e.g. product managers, senior management, etc.
- A strong drive to continue learning and developing
- Demonstrated ability to produce results as part of a highly distributed team that crosses cultural and country boundaries
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you are involved in. You make it happen. Boom!
This is what we offer...
- We provide a $1,000 (Country equivalent) reimbursable WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids to school/ zoom or need to leave early to get to your band practise or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits, mental health concierge and financial planning support
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Ample virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.