Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,300 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. We are a global company, headquartered in San Francisco but as a “remote” first company, we care about your results and not your location.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
As a Big Data Engineer, I’m a key contributor to the design, implementation and ongoing governance of App Annie’s data products. I’m responsible for expanding and optimizing our large-scale data ingestion flows and our data processing pipelines to create transparency and consistency across the entire Data Science system architecture. I work closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Data Analysts and other Big Data and Business Intelligence Engineers to develop and sustain the governance of our data products, including conceiving and building large-scale data integration solutions. I’m passionate about what I do and excited to do it in the context of an entrepreneurial start-up with a phenomenal team.
You will be responsible for and take pride in….
- As a Big Data Engineer, you will be an integral part of a team responsible for large-scale data processing pipelines across our Intelligence Product. You will also help to expand our product governance processes and support the Data Science team in building new product features. This includes:
- Ability to work with large, complex data sets that meet function and non-functional business requirements
- Working as engineer in building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Apache Spark, AWS S3, Databricks, Snowflake
- Ability to design and optimize queries, scripts and data tools to provide increased visibility into the Data Science system architecture
- The ability to communicate well and clearly with teams and team members across multiple time zones and countries.
- Designing, building, and supporting large scale, fault-tolerant distributed systems that support App Annie’s data science and analytics teams
You should recognize yourself in the following...
- You should be a strong tech lead with proven experience in distributed systems, and big data analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience
- At least 2-3 years in software development, with multiple examples of delivering innovative product ideas
- Deep understanding of hardware and computer organization, Linux operating system, computer network and compilers etc.
- Solid skills of big data related data structures and algorithms
- Proficient in data modeling and data warehouse design
- Experience in designing architecture is a big plus
- Proficient programming experience in SQL
- Proficient programming experience in at least one mainstream language, like Python, Scala or Java
- Experienced in data processing such as ETL
- Flexible mindset and the ability to prototype and change direction rapidly as research evolves
- Strong problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- A seasoned engineer with big data ecosystem (Computation: Mapreduce, Spark/Flink, Presto/Hive/Redshift/Snowflake etc.; Storage: Postgresql, Elasticsearch, HDFS, Kafka etc.), experience AWS/Google Cloud/Microsoft Azure is a big plus
- An excellent communicator with a knack for concisely explaining problems and solutions to multiple stakeholders, e.g. product managers, senior management, etc.
- A strong drive to continue learning and developing
- Independently making decisions quickly based on your expertise
- Demonstrated ability to produce results as part of a highly distributed team that crosses cultural and country boundaries
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you are involved in. You make it happen. Boom!
This is what we offer...
- We provide a $1,000 reimbursable WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids to school-zoom, you need to leave early to get to your band rehearsal or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid time off so you can recharge.
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to our online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!