About the Role:
- Mentor a team of engineers to design and develop Data platform.
- Design and implement data platform architecture, data ingestion pipelines and data infrastructure.
- Collaborate with product management and data engineering leadership to understand the requirements and design new products or extensions to existing products.
- Provide technical oversight to the development process including code reviews and mentoring of the technical team.
- Collaborate with engineering, data scientist, cloud infrastructure and security teams to understand the requirements and develop highly scalable system design and architecture.
- Define goals and metrics for the team and establish a process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Communicate effectively the status, risks and mitigation strategies to the leadership team.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering.
- 10+ years of working experience in software development.
- 5+ years experience in designing and developing REST APIs and/or web applications.
- Experience with development of large-scale distributed Web services Infrastructure and Microservices.
- Experience with real-time data processing systems (e.g. Spark,, Storm, Kafka, Flink).
- Experience with modern data platforms such as Snowflake, Spark, Hive, and Pig.
- Experience with a variety of data stores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, MySQL.
- Experience with AWS environment e.g., Amazon Kinesis, Lamdba, DynamoDB and Redshift.
- Experience with programming languages such as Java & Python.
- Experience managing globally distributed teams.
- Experience building multi-tenant SaaS applications
- Experience with development of large-scale distributed Web services Infrastructure
- Experience with development of data Infrastructure
- Experience with containerization platforms (Docker) and container orchestration tools
- Experience with Microservices Architectures, AWS and Lambda functions
- Have demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain software quality and adopt right architectural principles.
- Have a deep understanding of functional and design patterns with a focus on performance, security and scalability
- Have experience and knowledge of Scrum and Agile tools. JIRA and Atlassian tools experience is a Plus.
There are over 420 million people in the world with diabetes and Glooko helps those people, as well as their physicians and care team, manage the disease more easily and cost effectively. Glooko is the Unified Platform for Diabetes Management providing an FDA cleared, HIPAA compliant Web and Mobile (iOS and Android) application for people with diabetes and the clinicians who treat them. Glooko’s products seamlessly unifies data from over 200 of the leading blood glucose meters, insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitors, activity trackers, and biometric devices to deliver insights that improve personal and clinical decision support.
Glooko’s mobile app and web dashboard enable patients to easily track and proactively manage all aspects of their diabetes care. Glooko’s Population Tracker and APIs offer diabetes-centric analytics and supply insightful reports, graphs and pattern-triggered notifications to patients, health systems, and payers. The Glooko platform also allows customers and third-party developers to create branded modules for Glooko users. The most recently created business unit is Glooko Research, which offers a clinical research platform for pharmaceutical companies, CROs, medical devices companies and other players within the industry.
Launched in 2010, Glooko is funded and managed by visionary technologists and leaders in healthcare.
Glooko's Perks and Benefits Include:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, and transportation incentives
- 401(k) matching program
- Hardware to get the job done
- Internet/cell phone reimbursement
- Annual reimbursement for our Employee Well-Being stipend which encourages employees to invest in any combination of fitness equipment/fitness activities or home office/ergonomics related items
- Generous annual reimbursement for our Glooko Professional Development Program
- Have a meaningful impact on people’s lives
Glooko provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Glooko complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.