Who We Are
Aquicore was founded in 2013 in the early hours of the morning on the belief that smarter and more connected buildings will have a global impact in curbing our climate challenges and make buildings technologically ready for the next century. We create global impact by bettering the built environment every day. Our next generation of software which facilitates smarter building operations is used by the largest real estate owners and operators around the world. We are changing the industry from the ground up and we’re looking for the right people to achieve our mission!We’re amped by the work we do and driven to constantly propel our values and culture. While awards aren’t the goal, we are humbled to be recognized as one of the coolest places to work by organizations such as DC Inno. Our people come first and it’s the combination of our culture and our mission that has been our greatest differentiator. We take our core values as a company seriously and aspire to level-up our Aquicorians in their careers and professional growth.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to help usher in the next generation of the Aquicore platform, working on a robust and scalable data platform and data pipelines that deliver truly unique products to market. Aquicore believes that seamless access to vast amounts of data is critical to improving the status-quo of Enterprise software. A successful Data Engineer will leverage their expertise at building data pipelines, integrating with data warehouses, and maintaining ETL products to allow Aquicore to deliver high-quality products to market much faster. We will challenge you to:Focus on solutions, share ideas, and solve problems rather than just write codeCreate design documents and construct formal documentation for cross-team educationIdentify patterns across large datasets, and translate them into heuristicsBring to life the platform that allows our customers to collect millions of data points from live sensors in commercial buildings, and utilize the information in helpful ways.
The Impact You’ll Have
As a Data Engineer, you will work as part of our Data team alongside Software Engineers and Data Scientists to create high quality deliverables that improve our ability to deliver business value to customers. You will design, construct, and maintain robust data pipelines that help power Aquicore's internal business operations, and customer platform. To do this, you will work with modern ETL/ELT systems that automate the data flow and transformation of datasets from multiple sources. You will unify structured and unstructured data from across dozens of sources. You will debug and optimize the performance of data pipelines and queries. You will have a key role in illuminating insights and products that make a difference in our world.
The skills we are looking for…
- Highly responsive and able to work in a virtual environment Individual contributor who works well on an agile team
- Self-starter with the drive, determination, and ability to take ownership of assigned tasks
- Enjoys technology, cutting-edge software, and thrives in a small team environment
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining ETL systems
- Demonstrable experience with data pipelines in Airflow, Matillion, DBT, or similar
- Strong software development chops to deliver unit-tested and scalable code in PythonStrong SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), as well as a working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience in database performance tuning
- Familiarity with data warehousing, modeling, and dashboarding - Redshift and Snowflake preferred
- Experience with AWS, especially Redshift and S3Familiarity using team collaboration tools - we use GitHub, JIRA, and Confluence
- Understanding of data architecture, modeling, and infrastructure concepts and patterns
- Familiarity with data visualizations tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- Experience with the complete SDLC and CI/CD procedures
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback while in code reviews and coaching sessions
- Engaged and interested in continuous improvement & continuous development
- Must-have attributes include hustle, grit, determination, courage, entrepreneurial ambition, and a deep desire to win
Within 1 Month you will…
- Complete our training & certification program designed to get you up to speed with our business and our customers. You’ll learn about our business, product, vision, and team, and gain an understanding about how your role fits into the AQ family.
- Speak fluently about our customer segments and the businesses that buy and sell real estate who use our product.
- Understand the fundamentals about real estate, how buildings work, and why the real estate industry buys and sells iconic skyscrapers across the cities of the US
- Participate in weekly team meetings, and get up to speed with our development process
- Develop familiarity with our current deployed data modelsDevelop familiarity with our current data pipelines, ETL/ELT processes & patterns, codebases, and software applications
- Develop familiarity with our Data Engineering frameworks and tools (Databricks, Airflow, DBT, and Snowflake)
- Establish a regular cadence of reporting your weekly accomplishments and challenges to your manager
Within 3 Months you will…
- Design, launch, and measure the impact of an improvement to an existing feature.
- You’ll understand the current state of the functionality and the unmet need; explore ways to iterate and build on what is there; and converge on the best solution given what you’ve learned
- Report on the outcomes of one of your launches to the engineering & product teams.
- You will discuss how well goals and hypotheses were met, and what learnings to use in the next iteration.
Within 6 Months you will…
- Launch a feature from start to end as the primary engineering owner.
- You will execute the architecture and partner with engineering & product leadership to ensure that the right MVP is built and launched.
- Proactively identify and unblock knowledge sharing and communication challenges to unlock a scalable data engineering organization
- Educate, mentor and train team members across the engineering teams on data engineering methodology and philosophy
Within 12 Months you will…
- Form strong opinions about our Roadmap and what we should be building based on your technical knowledge
- Become a critical voice and contributor to strategic discussions across Product
Is this role not a perfect fit?
Sign up to stay in touch. We have new positions regularly and we’d love to reach out to you first when it opens up!
We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. Aquicore is an EEOC.