We are looking for a Staff Data Engineer to join the Customer Innovation team, who will be responsible for acquiring, transforming, and integrating customer data onto our Data Activation Platform from customers’ clinical, claims, and other data sources. You will work closely with customers to build data and analytics solutions to support their business needs, and be the engine that powers the partnership that we build with them by delivering high-fidelity data assets.
In this role, you will work closely with our Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Software Engineers to build the solution architecture that will support customer objectives. You'll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, work with one of the richest healthcare data sets in the world, use cutting-edge technology, and see your efforts affect products and people on a regular basis. The ideal candidate is someone that
- Has healthcare experience and is passionate about helping heal people,
- Loves working with data,
- Has an obsessive focus on data quality,
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and making decisions based on available data and reasonable assumptions,
- Has strong data interrogation and analysis skills,
- Defaults to written communication and delivers clean documentation, and,
- Enjoys working with customers and problem solving for them.
A Day in the Life
▶ Enabling customers for success
- Define the end-to-end solution architecture for projects by mapping customers’ business and technical requirements against the suite of Innovaccer products and solutions.
- Measure and communicate impact to our customers.
- Enabling customers on how to activate data themselves using SQL, BI tools, or APIs to solve for questions they have at speed.
- Identify risks to customer success and communicate to leadership.
▶ Playing with data and delivering insights
- Design, implement, and document data integration pipelines.
- Automate and orchestrate data flows.
- Build and unit testing of data ingestion pipelines.
- Building actionable dashboards and reports for customers.
- Take part in software engineering lifecycle activities including sprint planning, backlog grooming, code reviews etc.
- Analyze data and present data quality reports and insights to internal and external audiences.
▶ Finally, shaping the healthcare data platform for customer needs
- Crafting data models visible to the customers
- Creating analytical views that drive new insights customers need.
What You Need
- 8+ years of experience in a Data Engineering role, Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Experience working with relational databases like Snowflake, Redshift or Postgres. Familiarity with NoSQL databases like MongoDB and ElasticSearch will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in SQL programming
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (like Python, R, Scala) and experience writing code to handle data manipulation, scheduling, event-based triggering and automation tasks
- Experience working with AWS including services like EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, S3 and more
- US Healthcare Data experience preferably in Value-Based Care and strong healthcare data background - clinical, claims, FHIR, HL7, X12, CCDA etc.
- Data Analytics and Visualization (using tools like PowerBI)
- The ability to engage with both the business and technical teams of a client - to document and explain technical problems or concepts in a clear and concise way
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment.
- Easily adapt and learn new things whether it’s a new library, framework, process, or a visual design concept.
- Passion for being the technology ambassador and coaching engineering excellence to junior engineers.
- Experience supporting customer incidents to resolution
- Multi Cloud experience
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies