As we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company, Amazon has reinvented how hundreds of millions of people shop online – providing customers with the opportunity to find and discover virtually anything they want to buy and providing millions of sellers with a platform for growing successful businesses. We are looking for an exceptional data engineer to help us develop new ways to build trust and loyalty with sellers, a crucial component of our flywheel
Sellers’ trust in Amazon is our top priority and in this role, you will be tasked with building that trust over time by building and maintaining the data sources that power all of our decision making. Amazon’s growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new solutions, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and be able to create and maintain efficient & automated processes. They know and love working with data engineering tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner effectively with business leaders to build the right data pipelines to answer key business questions. They will build efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable data models, ETL designs and data integration services. They will also be required to support and manage growth of these data solutions. They are analytical and creative, and don’t quit. This is a role with high visibility to senior leadership and with high opportunity for impact for those willing to roll up their sleeves and dive deep to achieve results.
- Bachelors (BS/BE) in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in software development and full product life-cycles
- Excellent coding skills in Java, Python, C++, or equivalent object-oriented programming language
- Understanding of relational and non-relational databases and basic SQL
- Proficiency with at least one of these scripting languages: Perl / Python / Ruby / shell script
- Sharp problem solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
- Experience with building data pipelines from application databases.
- Experience with AWS services - S3, Redshift, Spectrum, EMR etc.
- Experience working with Data Lakes.
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Dallas, Texas, USA • Onsite