***Update: Moving forward and not limited to 2021, Nexient will be supporting fully remote and hybrid work models for all team members***
We’re happy to announce that as part of our efforts to embrace, adapt, and provide more flexibility to our team members—Nexient will be adopting a new set of work models. Whether it’s fully remote, hybrid, or full-time at the office—you now have the option to choose the work arrangement that best suits your needs and preferences. You are not locked into any selection and can make changes at any point if needed.
Don’t only dream about what’s next – come build it with us!
Nexient specializes in bringing a “Product Mindset” to our work, using small, nimble teams, Agile thinking and other techniques from product development to build great custom software people love to use.
And as America’s leading 100% US, 100% Agile software services partner, we’re building it here instead of sending tech jobs offshore.
People are noticing.
Our clients include some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services and more – but also some very cool product companies you may not have heard of yet. We’re recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HfS Hot Vendor and the only 100% US tech company in the World’s Top 100 Outsourcers. You might have read about us in The New York Times.
- Silicon Valley innovation (through our Bay Area innovation hub, and network of startups and emerging technology partners)
- Scalable, Midwest delivery (with 65+ Agile teams in high talent cities like Ann Arbor, Michigan)
- Onsite collaboration (with product managers and other key roles working face-to-face with client teams around the country)
Come build with us!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Outline and implement strategies and organizational structures that promote the application and use of AI/data, for both clients and internally
- Communicate and train others in data and AI best practices, including running workshops and training courses
- Lead the design and development of data driven solutions in various fields/domains
- Strong grasp of machine learning and AI, as well as core data engineering
- Expert in cloud architecture and patterns, containerization, DevOps and modern infrastructure
- Deep understanding of large-scale distributed systems and event/message based architectures (monitoring, security, consistency, performance, etc.)
- Experience building complete data platform solutions, including storage, governance, security and supporting various read/write access patterns
- Outline and participate in producing team deliverables (including architecture and technical design documentation, standards, code development, and QA) to high quality standards.
- Work closely with Product Management and development teams to satisfy business requirements for new features and the next generation of product offering by taking ownership of the solution from end to end and being responsible for translating functional requirements into a working solution.
- Enforce sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of enterprise solutions including, but not limited to, executing code reviews.
- Act as technical adviser for application development and internal teams in the IT department, to plan, implement, and support new and existing technologies.
- Assist with the development of consistent technology frameworks, platforms, standards and processes and identify current and future application development trends to be incorporated into a strategic road map.
- Deliver platform and architecture recommendations based on project requirements and industry best practices.
- As the subject matter expert, mentor junior team members to design, build and maintain application systems.
- Resolve technical issues and identify risks by building consensus among technical stakeholders.
Benefits & Perks:
- Company sponsored health, dental, vision insurance and flexible spending account (FSA) for employees and their families including domestic partners
- Paid Vacation Time and company holidays
- 401K plan
- Lunch & Learn
- Passionate, collaborative and awesome co-workers
- World class training and career mentorship
Nexient is an inclusive equal opportunity employer. At Nexient, your uniqueness makes us better. Your uniqueness is why you are valued, you are heard, you add to our culture, and you belong. Diversity & Inclusion is hard coded into our DNA, and at the core of everything we do. Together, not separately, we strive to become even more diverse to help fuel our innovation and connect us closer with the clients and communities we serve.