Financial Data team is the single source of truth for all financial data in Stripe. Data Engineers on the Financial Data team build data pipelines, tools, BI dashboards, and SQL queries to support data consumers such as Accounting, Financial & Strategy, and Business Leaders. The use cases include financial reporting and statements, accounting close & auditing, core business metrics, financial forecasting, and financial data analytics.
- Collaborate across the company, including finance teams and product teams, to analyze and provide data insights for billions of dollars moving through the Stripe platform.
- Design, build, and optimize financial data pipelines, tooling, dashboards, SQL queries and interfaces to provide internal customers with usable, reliable, and toil-reducing means of data consumption.
- Develop interfaces and procedures to accelerate our Finance teams roadmap, including adherence to recurring reporting deadlines, financial analysis, and audit commitments.
- Design and implement systems to enable information needs that may not fit into a broader, scheduled data model or system.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have a strong analytical or engineering background and are interested in data
- Proficient in SQL
- Experiences with building ETL data pipelines/datasets using at least one of the following frameworks (or something similar): Hadoop/Spark/Spark SQL/Hive/Pig/Presto
- Working knowledge of Airflow or some other scheduling tool
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
Nice to Haves:
- Familiar with data visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn general finance standards and processes, such as accounting close, financial statements, auditing, financial planning, and analysis