- Our mission is to apply DeepMind’s research to solve high-impact real world problems.
- The incubation team achieves this by identifying matches between research and product opportunities, and rapidly prototyping the most compelling ideas. Our ultimate goal is to handover solutions to partner teams.
- We collaborate closely with DeepMind Research and a wide variety of teams across Alphabet.
- Past collaborations have included partnerships with Android, Assistant, and Data Center Operations, using technologies such as generative models, reinforcement learning and transformers.
- We like to think big, and pursue high risk ideas, replicating the agility of a startup.
- We’re a collaborative, diverse team situated across both London and Mountain View.
- Our Research Engineers lead cross-functional efforts, working closely with Research Scientists, Software Engineers, Product Managers, Program Managers and partner teams.
- Apply the most promising models and research to high-impact real world problems, by rapid-prototyping initial concepts, and designing and running experiments to evaluate the opportunity.
- Gain an understanding of the path from research to production.
- Work on real world problems with the opportunity to see your work make a difference.
- Work on small project teams led by Research Engineers, with the potential for significant impact in the short term and close mentorship from Applied leadership.
- We seek out individuals who thrive in ambiguity. We regularly need to invent novel solutions to new problems, and often change course if our ideas don’t work out, so flexibility and adaptability is a must.
- We’re looking for solid ML research/software engineers who are willing to help out with whatever moves prototypes forward.
- A desire to move fast, and apply judgement to understand where rapid prototyping is appropriate and where rigor is warranted.
- Great communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, as our work often involves collaborating across many teams.
- BSc, MSc or PhD/DPhil degree in computer science, mathematics, applied stats, machine learning or similar
- Experience working in industry, working on projects from proof-of-concept through to implementation
- Strong knowledge and experience of Python or C++
- Knowledge or interest in machine learning or statistics
- Knowledge of algorithm design
- Hands-on experience of Tensorflow or similar ML frameworks e.g. JAX is highly desirable
- Hands-on Software Engineering experience working on large-scale ML projects is highly desirable
- A passion for AI
Competitive salary applies.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, maternity or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.