- Serves as a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and provides an intermediate level of technical support to our customers over the phone, chat and/or via support tickets.
- Owns moderate to complex customer issues that may take multiple days to resolve fully.
- Applies creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems, while at the same time keeping the customer aware of every step along the way via the ticketing system.
- Uses initiative and advises on potential pitfalls that a customer may experience using existing or planned methods and suggests alternatives that may better serve the stability of the customer’s solution.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Solves customer's technical issues which can include OS level, web server, database server, applications server, DNS, SMTP, user management and permissions, or other software issues.
- Works with a broad range of technologies- Hadoop, MongoDB and Redis in particular.
- Documents processes in Wiki.
- Contribute pull requests for code changes.
- Run maintenances for customers ( on and off-hours).
- Own communications with customers and ensure updates are consistent and accurate- especially during escalations.
- Build custom scripts or tools to help automate or reduce waste with current processes. Interviews for new support roles.
- Works autonomously or under minimal supervision and mentorship.
- Monitors alert and create tickets accordingly
- Handles level- appropriate customer support requests via phone, chat, and the ticket system. Receives and resolves issues escalated from lower-level admins
- Escalates support requests according to escalation procedures
- Schedules and coordinates level-appropriate maintenance
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues
- Receives and resolves issues escalated from lower-level admins
- Creates and maintains customer loyalty by serving customers above and beyond their expectations
- Due to the 24x7 operations of the business, one must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which may include nights, weekends, holidays, emergency escalations, etc
- Ensures feature areas are easy to deploy and maintainable
- Consults and troubleshoots different technologies and understands how they interact together (MongoDB, Hadoop, Redis, Elastic, MySQL, etc)
- Take courses on code- relating to prominent drives in our product range
- Tests and approves future product version releases.
- Tenured Linux knowledge, CentOS/RHEL. Functional virtualization knowledge- KVM, Xen, OpenVZ.
- Experience in deploying, configuring & optimizing Hadoop. Database Experience- MongoDB, Redis or other NoSQL solutions preferred. I
- Have in-depth knowledge of bash/shell scripting, and working knowledge in at least one other language, Python & Java. E
- Excellent written communication skills
- Prior training or experience installing, configuring & optimizing Hadoop, MongoDB or Redis.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Advanced knowledge in at least one technology relevant to the current assignment
- Demonstrates a systematic structured problem-solving approach
- Advanced working knowledge of most technologies relevant to the current assignment
- Ability to generalize a specific problem and derive a solution for a class of problems
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor's Degree in a related technical degree preferred
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Position is available for remote work in the following states unless otherwise specified. Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.